May 01, 2012
NTT America Continues Focus on Cloud, Global Expansion and Green Initiatives
New York, NY – NTT America, a global IT infrastructure services provider and wholly owned subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, today announced its continuing support for the company’s cloud, global connectivity and green efforts and the refocus of key business units to address customer requirements and market dynamics. In addition the company has won awards for both green efforts and in marketing.
As enterprise cloud demand continues to grow in parallel with customers’ interest in global connectivity to support large scale cloud deployments, NTT America has ensured its leadership through a variety of partnerships and an ongoing speaking platform to bring insights and information to the industry.
- NTT America’s President and CEO, Kazuhiro Gomi, participated in the Executive Forum on Cloud Computing at the IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM) 2011. Mr. Gomi shared the vision and strategy which has enabled NTT Communications to provide efficient and cost effective cloud computing solutions. NTT Communications combines a base of worldwide public and private networks, more than 30 strategically placed data centers, and a VMware vCloud® powered cloud computing architecture, allowing the company to implement some of the most complex projects for today’s enterprises.
- NTT America CTO, Doug Junkins, presented the service provider keynote at the Carrier Cloud Forum, an event hosted by Light Reading at the Cloud Connect conference. During the talk, titled “Cloud Reality for the Global Enterprise,” Mr. Junkins covered the different challenges large enterprises face in migrating to the cloud and provided an example of how a large systems integrator has made the successful transition.
- At the VMware Partner Exchange 2012, the annual virtualization and cloud infrastructure event for VMware Partners, Craig Hurley, senior product manager at NTT America and global product manager for cloud computing services at NTT Communications, discussed NTT America’s Global Virtual Data Center and the significant and strategic investments the company has made in its infrastructure to deploy global enterprise cloud solutions. NTT Communications is one of the few available resources for companies in providing access to a virtualized global data center and a Tier-1 high speed network, eliminating the necessity of duplicated data centers in global regions. NTT Communications provides VMware vCloud Powered global public, private and hybrid cloud hosting services to enterprises both directly and through a worldwide network of partners.
- At this year’s RSA Conference 2012, NTT America and Integralis, a global provider of IT security and information risk management solutions, announced an ongoing partnership to provide global enterprises with secure, high performance, streamlined and cost-effective use of cloud computing. NTT America brings virtualized global data centers and high speed networks to enterprise cloud computing, while Integralis offers comprehensive Managed Security Solutions (MSS) to form a complete cloud computing solution for enterprises. Through this partnership, NTT America’s customers can maintain the integrity of payment information through the PCI DSS standard.
- At Capacity LATAM, Michael Wheeler, vice president, NTT Communications Global IP Network, NTT America, participated in a panel titled, “Infrastructure Development and Investment in Latin American Markets: Terrestrial, Submarine and Satellite Connectivity.” While David Berrios, director, business development, Latin America, NTT America, contributed to the panel, “The Carrier Perspective: Managing and Monetizing Content Delivery in South America.” At Capacity Caribbean, Brent Duncan, vice president, sales and marketing, Global IP Network, NTT America, joined other industry leaders to share insight on the telecommunications customer landscape in the Caribbean.
Business Unit Realignment
As of February 1, 2012 the company created the Global Solutions Business Unit to join the Data Center Services and Global IP Network Business Units. The newly named Global Solutions Business Unit is responsible for all NTT America products sold domestically and internationally, as well as NTT Group company services, including Dimension Data, NTT Data and Integralis. Michael DeVito has been promoted to executive vice president to run this business unit, while Doug McMaster will oversee the Data Center Services Business Unit in his role as vice president. This restructuring is designed to provide customers with the flexibility of an expanded product set, combined with the ability to integrate across all NTT Group company global resources, creating a custom solution that best meets their needs.
In addition, Michael Wheeler has been promoted to executive vice president of the Global IP Network Business Unit and Leewen Chen has been promoted to CFO where she will be responsible for corporate finance, accounting and treasury activities across all NTT America business units.
NTT America, together with Vigilent, provider of intelligent energy management systems, has been awarded the prestigious 2012 Green Enterprise IT Award presented by Uptime Institute. The companies will be recognized in a joint award for Facility Product Deployment, which highlights facility infrastructure products that significantly improve data center energy and resource efficiency. Using the Vigilent system to address its energy management, NTT Communications expects to reduce its electricity consumption in North America by over 7.6 million kWh and carbon emissions by 8.8 million lbs. a year, saving the company a projected $630,000 annually in energy costs.
In addition, NTT America, in conjunction with its advertising agency Central Coast, have won a gold award from MarCom Awards, for the company blog NTTCOM.TV, which provides a comprehensive overview of news, trends and analysis affecting Internet technology. The awards are sponsored by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals and are part of a creative competition for any individual or company involved in the concept, writing and design of print, visual, audio and web materials and programs.
“The expectations from our global customers reflect both our continuing focus on integrated enterprise cloud implementations and our ability to refocus our business units to meet those expectations in a way that is flexible and efficient for companies,” said Kazuhiro Gomi, president and CEO, NTT America. “We will continue to leverage the infrastructure assets of the NTT Communications portfolio and the global resources of other NTT Group companies to keep our customers competitive and up-to-date from a business and technology perspective.”
- NTT Group: www.ntt.co.jp/index_e.html
- NTT Communications Corporation: www.ntt.com/index-e.html
- NTT America: www.us.ntt.com
- Integralis: www.integralis.com
- Vigilent: www.vigilent.com
- NTTCOM.TV: http://www.nttcom.tv/
NTT Communications welcomes press, analysts, bloggers and other interested parties to use and reference our content with proper attribution, for example “source: NTT Communications.”
About NTT Communications
NTT Communications provides consultancy, architecture, security and cloud services to optimize the information and communications technology (ICT) environments of enterprises. These offerings are backed by the company’s worldwide infrastructure, including IPv4/IPv6 Global Tier-1 IP Network, Arcstar Universal One™ VPN network reaching over 150 countries, and over 120 secure data centers. NTT Communications’ solutions leverage the global resources of NTT Group companies including Dimension Data, NTT DOCOMO and NTT DATA.
For U.S. product and service information, please visit www.us.ntt.com
NTT, NTT Communications, and the NTT Communications logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION and/or its affiliates. All other referenced product names are trademarks of their respective owners. © 2012 NTT Communications
NTT America Contact:
NTT America Media Contact:
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications' extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar™ Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier-1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centres in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world's largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit www.ntt.com/index-e.html