August 18, 2010
NTT America Covers Current Business Requirements and Future Business Growth Opportunities for Next Generation Internet
New York, NY – NTT America, a wholly owned U.S. subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com) and a global IP network services provider, today announced activities over the last quarter in support of major technology and global business trends. The company’s strategic investments are supporting customers in three main areas including cloud computing initiatives, network performance demands for new applications and the maturing of the Latin American market. Several company executives have also participated in a variety of key technology and business forums to share their experiences with Internet media market opportunities, IPv6 and business investments to support an unfolding global market.
Last quarter included NTT America’s most recent product announcement, which extends its VLink multi-location Ethernet solutions line to provide enterprises direct connectivity over multiple locations in the United States. Using VLink, content providers, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and enterprises have access to more secure network connections to interconnect corporate Ethernet-based LANs or to migrate from private lines to an Internet-based solution. VLink takes advantage of the reach and reliability of the NTT Communications Global Tier-1 IP Network to provide cost-effective IPv4 or dual stack IPv4/IPv6 on the same port.
Fostering corporate initiatives, company executives have taken part in several speaking venues on current and emerging trends in telecommunications and business including:
· Co-hosting the 27th edition of Reunión Iberoamericana Tráfico Internacional, a bi-annual event, which brings together influential telecom executives and representatives from more than 150 carriers to discuss challenges and opportunities in the Latin American region. Michael Wheeler, vice president of the Global IP Network, NTT America, participated on the opening executive roundtable, “Regulation and Competence for New Investments and Infrastructures in Response to Challenges of Growth and Expansion of the Latin American Sector.”
· At the same conference, David Berrios, NTT America’s manager of business development for Latin America, spoke on “International Traffic Models,” discussing methods of reinventing traditional models in light of new competition and next generation networks (NGNs) opportunities.
· Bringing unique insights to executives in the converging world of film, television, music, video, cable, computing and telecom, Michael Wheeler joined other industry leaders on a panel entitled “Content Delivery—Rich Media—The Three Screen Challenge: PC, TV and Mobile,” at the Digital Hollywood Spring conference. Mr. Wheeler covered how decision makers can cost effectively deploy next generation services and applications to support additional revenue opportunities.
· Mr. Wheeler spoke on “Leveraging Infrastructure Assets to Get with the Program,” at the OTTcon East conference where he discussed how to combine a provider’s infrastructure assets (technology investments, financial depth, and international access) with a company’s existing assets to successfully deliver OTT TV and video, as well as other new applications. In addition, Mr. Wheeler touched on how new advances in IPv6 and 100GigE provide a platform to give broadcasters, ISPs and infrastructure providers a competitive advantage.
· Doug Junkins, NTT America’s CTO and vice president of IP development for NTT America’s Global IP Network, addressed “IPv6 Deployment & Commercial Applications at NTT America,” on a FutureNet conference panel entitled, “IPv6: Reality Check.” He discussed current issues and drivers of IPv6, such as new applications and IPv4 address depletion. NTT America is a leader in both the implementation of IPv6 and advocacy for IPv6 adoption and remains committed to sharing IPv6 experience, lessons learned and best practices with other leaders in the industry.
· The company provided additional support of IPv6 adoption through a gold sponsorship of the Rocky Mountain IPv6 Task Force’s (RMv6TF) IPv6 Summit, the largest annual IPv6 event in North America. Currently, approximately 20 percent of NTT America’s Global IP Network customer ports are IPv6 enabled and 40 percent of NTT America’s peering ports are also IPv6 enabled giving companies a flexible and speedy transition path. IPv6 allows businesses that need to stay competitive on a global basis the ability take advantage of new applications in every market from entertainment to disaster response, while helping to ensure business continuity as IPv4 addresses dwindle.
In addition, NTT America, in partnership with Dynamic Network Services Inc. (DYN Inc.), published a case study, “A DYNamic Duo in Infrastructure,” highlighting the benefits of selecting a Tier-1 Global IP Network in a market that demands high performance response, speed, engineering-based customer support and IPv6 readiness.
About NTT America
NTT America is North America’s natural gateway to the Asia-Pacific region, with strong capabilities in the U.S. market. NTT America is the U.S. subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, the global data and IP services arm of a Fortune Global 500 telecom leader: Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corporation (NTT). NTT America provides world-class Enterprise Hosting, managed network, and IP networking services for enterprise customers and service providers worldwide. For additional information on NTT America, visit us on the Web at www.us.ntt.com.
U.S. product information regarding the NTT Communications Global IP Network and its award winning IPv6 transit services may be found at http://www.us.ntt.net/, by calling 877-8NTT-NET (868-8638), or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow NTT America on Twitter at @NTT_America or join us on Facebook at http://www.nttamerica.com/facebook for up-to-date news and announcements.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services; its expertise in managed networks; and its leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications’ extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar™ Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier-1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centers in Asia, North America, and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world’s largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit www.ntt.com/index-e.html.
NTT, NTT Communications, and the NTT Communications logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION and/or its affiliates. All other referenced product names are trademarks of their respective owners. © 2010 NTT Communications
NTT America Contact:
NTT America Media Contact:
Subudhi Consulting Group, Inc.
for NTT America
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications' extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar™ Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier-1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centres in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world's largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit www.ntt.com/index-e.html