February 09, 2012
NTT America CTO Delivers Keynote at Carrier Cloud Forum
New York, NY – NTT America, a global infrastructure services provider and wholly owned subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), today announced the company’s CTO, Doug Junkins, will present the service provider keynote at the Carrier Cloud Forum, an event hosted by Light Reading at the Cloud Connect conference in Santa Clara, CA. The talk, titled “Cloud Reality for the Global Enterprise,” is scheduled for February 13, 2012 from 2:15-2:35 p.m. PST. Light Reading sponsors the Carrier Cloud Forum series, collocating at Cloud Connect, the defining cloud event for IT professionals, cloud providers and a growing number of telecom service providers.
While cloud computing has become a cost-effective model for many small- and medium-sized businesses, large enterprises face significantly different challenges in migrating to the cloud. Mr. Junkins will discuss the unique requirements global companies face and provide an example of how one company has made the successful transition.
Mr. Junkins, as NTT America’s CTO, is responsible for the company’s technology procurement strategy and vendor selection, industry relations and standardization efforts, and overall product portfolio coordination across the Global IP Network, Data Center Services and Global Solutions business units. His role allows him to have an understanding of how to leverage the infrastructure assets of NTT Communications to implement global cloud solutions for international companies.
Highlights of the presentation include:
· Real-world implementation overview – Review of the requirements and resources of one cornerstone customer to successfully deploy a large scale global cloud computing initiative
· Shared infrastructure resources – A global cloud resource requires significant and strategic investments in the infrastructure required to build cloud solutions. NTT Com is one of the few available resources for companies in providing access to a virtualized global data center and a Tier-1 high speed network.
· Global outsourcing – The cumulative cost and time of creating an internal cloud management solution can be overwhelming for companies because of skill and budget constraints. Outsourcing cloud application management cuts costs and frees staff time by having a consolidated group of services from a global partner.
· Portfolio of available hosted services – The ability to tap a variety of hosted services from security to virtualization to network management is critical to a cost-effective cloud service. The ability to tailor services to specific company needs provides high levels of flexibility.
· Worldwide data center access – Eliminates the necessity of duplicated data centers in global regions allowing companies to connect via the high speed network
· Scalability of the network – As one of the largest carriers in the world, NTT Com’s network can scale to meet the often elastic requirements of large multinational organizations while maintaining speed, security and reliability.
· Streamlined results – Customer’s data centers reduced by more than 50% and by leveraging NTT Com’s virtualized global data center an anticipated 20% reduction in infrastructure associated costs
To continue to expand global outsourcing resources, NTT Communications recently announced a majority stake in Netmagic Solutions, a leading provider of data center services in India. With the acquisition NTT Com will provide one-stop ICT solutions in the fast-growing Indian market, as well as accelerate its offering of globally seamless cloud services through expanded ICT infrastructure Asia-wide. In addition, the company will open a fourth data center in Singapore in April, reflecting an international demand for virtualized global data centers.
“With every company focusing on cloud strategies, we think it is important to focus on actual implementations of cloud solutions, particularly for our customers whose global enterprises face significantly more complex challenges to be successful,” said Doug Junkins, NTT America CTO. “Attendees should get a good grasp of how to leverage the infrastructure investments and service portfolio of companies like NTT America to understand the most cost-effective and flexible way to move forward with critical cloud efforts.”
· NTT Communications Corporation: www.ntt.com/index-e.html
· NTT America: www.us.ntt.com
· NTT America Data Center Services: www.dedicatedserver.com
· NTT America Global IP Network: www.us.ntt.net/
· NTT America Global Private Network: www.us.ntt.com/en/services/network/virtual-private-network.html
· Carrier Cloud Forum Website
LinkedIn Profile of NTT America Spokesperson
· Doug Junkins, CTO http://www.linkedin.com/pub/doug-junkins/7/519/992
Join NTT America on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NTTAMERICA, follow NTT America on Twitter at @NTT_America and LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/companies/ntt-america for up-to-date news and announcements.
NTT America welcomes press, analysts, bloggers and other interested parties to use and reference our content with proper attribution, for example “source: NTT Communications.”
NTT, NYSE NTT, NTT Communications, NTT Com, NTT America, Netmagic, Gartner, Light Reading, Cloud Connect, NTT cloud, NTT data center, Singapore data center, India data center, data center services, data center, cloud, enterprise cloud, cloud applications, global cloud, network management, virtualization, global virtualized data center, CTO, IT outsourcing
About NTT America Enterprise Cloud
For more information about NTT Communications’ U.S.-based cloud computing product offerings, please visit NTT America or call 1-888-EH-1STOP (341-7867).
About NTT America
NTT America is North America’s natural gateway to the Asia-Pacific region, with strong capabilities in the U.S. market. NTT America is the U.S. subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, the global data and IP services arm of a Fortune Global 500 telecom leader: Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corporation (NTT). NTT America provides world-class Enterprise Hosting, managed network, and IP networking services for enterprise customers and service providers worldwide. For additional information on NTT America, visit us on the Web at www.us.ntt.com.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications’ extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier 1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centers in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world’s largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit http://www.ntt.com/index-e.html.
NTT, NTT Communications, and the NTT Communications logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION and/or its affiliates. All other referenced product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2012 NTT Communications
NTT America Contact:
NTT America Media Contact:
Subudhi Consulting Group, Inc.
Agency of Record for NTT America
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications' extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar™ Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier-1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centres in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world's largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit www.ntt.com/index-e.html