June 05, 2012
NTT America Demonstrates Corporate Commitment to Responsible Business Practices
New York, NY – NTT America, a global IT infrastructure services provider and wholly-owned subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, today announced support of several upcoming charitable events benefitting the health and welfare of youth and children as part of the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Program, which operates within the framework of NTT Communications’ CSR initiative. NTT Communications’ Basic CSR Policy is to contribute to community prosperity and sustainability worldwide by creating new value and resolving problems through the information and communications services provided by the company as a global information and communications technology (ICT) partner. Under this CSR Policy, NTT Communications’ and NTT America’s CSR Priority Areas are: contributing to society, protecting the environment, respecting employees and corporate governance.
Contributing to Society | Sound Child Development
NTT Communications constantly endeavors to enhance ICT, while providing stable and reliable ICT services worldwide with the aim of achieving a safer and more secure society. Furthermore, NTT Communications works to create new value for society, while helping to build inclusive communities in which all people can fully participate. As part of NTT Communications’ Priority Area of contributing to society, the company engages in social contribution activities such as participation in community beautification programs. In addition, within the Priority Area of contributing to society, NTT Communications uses ICT to solve social issues, including sound child development.
Activities undertaken to help educate and protect children, as published in the NTT Communications Corporate Social Responsibility Report (October 2011), include:
- Providing children with a safe Internet environment through OCN Kids Care – By blocking access to harmful Internet sites, this service for parents and children provides greater peace of mind and promotes proper PC usage among children
- Kids-goo – a child-oriented website portal that is safe for children to use
- .com KIDs – a program to help children improve their academic abilities and deepen the connection to their local communities, utilizing after-school hours and non-school days
- LoiLo Education Software – supporting the efforts of educators to create a new learning approach that utilizes video
- Measures aimed at blocking child pornography websites
In the United States, NTT America also maintains a strong dedication to societal contributions. As part of NTT Communications’ commitment to community beautification, earlier this month NTT America joined Blue Coat and NTT Group company Dimension Data for a day of service with City Year New York. The combined Blue Coat, Dimension Data, and NTT America teams helped City Year New York create a positive play space for students at P.S. 161 Pedro Albizu Campos, transforming a courtyard space into a gardening and play area.
NTT America also makes significant monetary contributions to charitable events in support of the health and welfare of youth and children. Recent and upcoming charitable events include:
- 2012 VeriSign Spring Charity Golf Tournament – held May 24, 2012 at the 1757 Golf Course in Loudoun County, Virginia – NTT America sponsorship proceeds benefit the American Dream Soccer Academy (ASDA): www.dullesfc.com/team-announcements/verisigncharitygolftournamentforadsa
- Great Futures Chairman’s Dinner 2012 – to be held today, June 5, 2012, at the Omni Dallas Hotel in Dallas, Texas – NTT America Bronze Sponsorship – proceeds benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of America: swdinner.bgca.org
- 2012 Kimberly-Clark IT Charity Golf Classic – to be held July 21, 2012 at High Cliff Golf Course in Sherwood, Wisconsin – NTT America Diamond Sponsorship – proceeds benefit the Volunteer Center of East Central Wisconsin, Rawhide Boys Ranch and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin-Fox Valley: www.facebook.com/pages/Kimberly-Clark-IT-Charity-Golf-Classic/245978908749210
- Visteon Corporation and Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation Golf Classic 2012 – to be held July 23, 2012 at Oakland Hills Country Club in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan – NTT America Gold Sponsorship – proceeds benefit Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation: www.chmfoundation.org/upload/docs/2012%20Golf%20Classic%20Registration%20Packet_Info.pdf
- NTT Communications Corporation: www.ntt.com/index-e.html
- NTT America: www.us.ntt.com
- NTT Communications Group CSR webpage: http://www.ntt.com/csr_e/
- Dimension Data’s DataNow Global blog on CSR: http://blog.dimensiondata.com/2012/06/dimension-data-americas-helps-inner-city-public-school-transform-outdoor-space/
NTT Communications welcomes press, analysts, bloggers and other interested parties to use and reference our content with proper attribution, for example “source: NTT Communications.”
About NTT Communications
NTT Communications provides consultancy, architecture, security and cloud services to optimize the information and communications technology (ICT) environments of enterprises. These offerings are backed by the company’s worldwide infrastructure, including IPv4/IPv6 Global Tier-1 IP Network, Arcstar Universal One™ VPN network reaching over 150 countries, and over 120 secure data centers. NTT Communications’ solutions leverage the global resources of NTT Group companies including Dimension Data, NTT DOCOMO and NTT DATA.
For U.S. product and service information, please visit www.us.ntt.com
NTT, NTT Communications, and the NTT Communications logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION and/or its affiliates. All other referenced product names are trademarks of their respective owners. © 2012 NTT Communications
NTT America Contact:
NTT America Media Contact:
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications' extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar™ Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier-1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centres in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world's largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit www.ntt.com/index-e.html