December 20, 2011
NTT America’s Technology and Infrastructure Assets Drive Global Business Growth
New York, NY – NTT America, a global infrastructure services provider and wholly-owned subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, today announced the company’s continued progress in keeping customers ahead of the curve and supporting customer investments during 2011. Throughout the year, company efforts focused on critical business trends including cloud computing, energy efficiency, and customers’ global connectivity and expansion. Furthermore, several executive appointments, with a focus on corporate sales, were made to support NTT America’s broadening multinational customer base.
Evolving Cloud Services
· Launched in April, NTT America’s cloud services are designed for large enterprises that need to seamlessly integrate the flexibility and cost savings of the cloud while maintaining high levels of security for their enterprise applications. In September, NTT America expanded its cloud services portfolio with business continuity services built for the enterprise, including cloud backup powered by Asigra, and long-term data archiving and compliance supported by Coldstor Data. Also in September, NTT America selected SecureCloud from Trend Micro as the data encryption solution of choice for enterprise customers using the company’s cloud computing platform. SecureCloud was also incorporated into NTT America’s Enterprise Cloud portfolio offered to customers in the Americas.
· VMware awarded NTT America’s cloud services with VMware vCloud® Powered status, giving cloud customers the ability to move workloads from their private cloud environment to the VMware vCloud Powered service and back again.
· To simplify the administration of cloud services, while increasing the level of security required in the cloud, NTT Communications unveiled the Global Enterprise Portal, offering a single site for enterprise IT administrators to access their NTT Communications services, including cloud computing, managed storage and security, network, colocation, and managed hosting.
· NTT America premiered CineCloud media collaboration services at the 2011 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show. The CineCloud service is used by major movie studios and production companies for the development, collaboration and streaming of JPEG2000 video, which has about four times higher resolution than HD.
Investing in Energy Efficiency
· NTT America deployed fuel cells producing clean, reliable electricity from renewable biogas at NTT America’s San Jose Data Center. As part of several broad energy efficiency initiatives, NTT America continually monitors advancements in energy conservation technologies. The company chose Bloom Energy’s proven fuel cell technology, running on directed biogas, as the best choice to minimize its carbon footprint and decrease the amount of electricity pulled from the public grid, while at the same time reducing operating costs.
· In addition, NTT America deployed dynamic cooling controls by an intelligent energy management system in the company’s two largest North American data centers. The Vigilent Intelligent Energy Management System uses continuous feedback and artificial intelligence to make optimal cooling system adjustments, cutting energy costs and significantly reducing the energy required to cool the data centers.
Speeding Transpacific Trading Times
· NTT America’s Arcstar Low-Latency Solutions leverage NTT Communications’ global data centers and ultra-low latency networks to support high frequency trading and other low-latency applications platforms for financial institutions.
· In October, NTT America and CME Group, the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, announced NTT Communications will provide its ultra-low latency Arcstar solution for CME Group’s western Chicago suburb co-location data center which will allow CME Co-Location Services customers premier access to the Asian markets.
· In March the Aite Group published the study, Connecting to Future Opportunities: Cross-Border Low Latency Connectivity. The study, commissioned by NTT Communications, analyzed new opportunities, benefits and challenges emerging in Asian financial centers, particularly in the areas of connectivity, speed and increased access. The study also examined growing trading options for companies particularly in Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong, and how the requirement for cost-effective, low-latency connectivity across Asia is vital for a firm’s growth and competitiveness.
Sharing Insight on Global Expansion
· In July, NTT America and Dimension Data hosted the seminar, Developing Your Business in Asia, which gave IT executives from the Houston, Texas area insights into the burgeoning marketplace of U.S.-based companies expanding into Japan, China, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore and India. Later that month, the company joined NTT Communications in a Platinum sponsorship of the CIO Perspective Series, held in Boston, Massachusetts.
· With local Points-of-Presence, NTT America directly connects Houston- and Boston-based companies to major markets around the world via NTT Communications’ Arcstar global MPLS and Ethernet networks.
Continued Global IP Network Growth
· The NTT Com Global IP Network achieved industry milestones by surpassing 400 gbps (gigabits per second) of lit capacity on the transpacific network in January. This bar was raised again when surpassing 500 gbps in August and again by surpassing 600 gbps in December. The consistent 70 percent CAGR of network capacity has secured the network’s position as the 3rd largest network in the world.
· Latin America gained significant access to the global Internet when NTT America and NTT do Brasil announced the opening of a new Point-of-Presence in Sao Paulo, Brazil. NTT America will offer ISPs, regional carriers, content providers and multi-national corporations access to its Tier 1 Internet backbone directly from Sao Paulo, allowing access to service those companies that do not have infrastructure connecting back to the United States.
· NTT America participated in World IPv6 Day, an event sponsored and organized by the Internet Society (ISOC) to demonstrate readiness for the transition to IPv6. NTT America has been providing IPv6 service to its customers since 2004 via the NTT Communications Global IP Network, which was the first network to offer commercially available dual-stack IPv6 transit with global availability.
Naming New Executives in Support of MNC Customer Growth
· NTT America filled three key executive positions that focus on corporate sales and streamlined corporate processes. Michael DeVito was appointed to vice president of enterprise solutions, Bryan Tam was promoted to vice president and head of enterprise sales, and Jun Nojima was appointed to the newly created role of chief administrative officer (CAO).
About NTT America
NTT America is North America’s natural gateway to the Asia-Pacific region, with strong capabilities in the U.S. market. NTT America is the U.S. subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, the global data and IP services arm of a Fortune Global 500 telecom leader: Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corporation (NTT). NTT America provides world-class Enterprise Hosting, managed network, and IP networking services for enterprise customers and service providers worldwide. For additional information on NTT America, visit us on the Web at www.us.ntt.com.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications’ extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier 1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centers in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world’s largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit http://www.ntt.com/index-e.html.
NTT, NTT Communications, and the NTT Communications logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION and/or its affiliates. All other referenced product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2011 NTT Communications
NTT America Contact:
NTT America Media Contact:
Subudhi Consulting Group, Inc.
Agency of Record for NTT America
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications' extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar™ Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier-1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centres in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world's largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit www.ntt.com/index-e.html