June 13, 2011
NTT Communications’ Arcstar Ultra Low-Latency Solutions Speed Transpacific Trading Times
New York, NY – NTT America, a global infrastructure services provider and wholly owned subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), today announced the company will join NTT Com’s exhibit at the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) Annual Financial Services Technology Leaders Forum and Expo, the premier event focusing on technology in the financial services market. The conference will be held June 14-16, 2011 at the Hilton New York, 1335 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY. NTT America executives will be available at booth number 1817 to discuss challenges and solutions for financial institutions looking to expand their business in Asia-Pacific regions. A commissioned study on high frequency trading needs and opportunities in major Asian financial markets will be available at the company exhibit.
· SIFMA’s 31st Annual Financial Services Technology Leaders Forum and Expo will address the rapidly changing world of technology and how the financial industry is using the latest advances to drive productivity, comply with regulatory requirements, and adapt to new products, demanding investors and converging markets.
· A March 2011 study, Connecting to Future Opportunities: Cross-Border Low Latency Connectivity, commissioned by NTT Communications and produced by the Aite Group, analyzes new opportunities, benefits and challenges emerging in Asian financial centers, particularly in the areas of connectivity, speed and increased access. The study examines growing trading options for companies particularly in Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong, and how the requirements for cost-effective, low-latency connectivity across Asia is vital for a firm’s growth and competitiveness.
Key Takeaways from the Study
· Over the last few years, expected competition from off-exchange liquidity pools and adoption of sophisticated trading tools have generated much interest within major Asian financial centers.
· As Asian exchanges begin overhauling their IT infrastructures to align themselves with changing market microstructure, brokers and customers will need to focus on updating their trading technologies to stay competitive.
· Each major Asian financial center has a unique set of regulations and infrastructure requirements, which makes it difficult for small market participants to actively participate in Asia.
· With high frequency trading firmly entrenched in the U.S. and European markets, the Asian markets have become the next frontier of opportunities for most large high frequency trading firms.
· Operating in a trading environment in which every millisecond counts, firms with business growth goals in the Asian market must build their overall Asian strategy on top of cost-effective and reliable low latency connectivity infrastructure.
Key Product/Service Highlights
· NTT Communications’ Arcstar Low-Latency Solutions provide major commodity exchanges, investment firms and hedge funds with low latency routes available for transpacific data connections.
· NTT Communications offers off-the-shelf services between Chicago and Tokyo, and New York and Tokyo, as well as industry leading service level agreements (SLAs), including some of the lowest transpacific latency available in the industry.
· NTT Communications’ data routes have proven critical in the success of high frequency trading and algorithmic trading for the financial markets and are available through NTT America via NTT Communications’ PC-1 transpacific cable system.
“Our customers in the financial markets are some of our most demanding as their requirements for speed and accuracy are vital to their continued success,” said Fang Wu, vice president, products and solutions, NTT America. “NTT America brings a unique combination of dedicated high speed subsea cables to make millisecond transactions possible and an unparalleled knowledge of the Asian market. Our Arcstar solution provides a predictable, consistent, fast and safe way for companies to complete important transactions.”
“CME Group requires the highest level of network services that offer the lowest latency routes and most stringent SLAs available in order to meet the real-time demands of our customers around the world,” said Bryan Durkin, chief operating officer and managing director of products and services for CME Group. “Working with NTT Communications will help us to continue to improve our service offerings by providing our customers throughout Asia dedicated connections from Tokyo to Chicago.”
· Datasheet: NTT America Arcstar Low-Latency Solutions (PDF)
· NTT Communications Corporation Website
· NTT America Website
· NTT America Managed Private Networks Webpage
· Pacific Crossing Website
LinkedIn Profiles of NTT America Executives in Attendance at Event
· Derek Sprunk, Sales Manager, Enterprise Solutions, NTT America, http://www.linkedin.com/pub/derek-sprunk/9/608/3a8
· Fang Wu, Vice President, Products and Solutions, NTT America, http://www.linkedin.com/pub/fang-wu/14/76/644
Join NTT America on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NTTAMERICA, follow NTT America on Twitter at @NTT_America and LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/companies/ntt-america for up-to-date news and announcements.
Note to Editors
NTT America welcomes press, analysts, bloggers and other interested parties to use and reference our content with proper attribution, for example “source: NTT Communications.”
NTT, NYSE NTT, NTT Communications, NTT Com, NTT America, Arcstar, Arcstar Low Latency, PC1, Pacific Crossing, CME Group, SIFMA, Aite, high frequency trading, transpacific data, low latency, low transpacific latency, lowest latency, SLA
About NTT America
NTT America is North America’s natural gateway to the Asia-Pacific region, with strong capabilities in the U.S. market. NTT America is the U.S. subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, the global data and IP services arm of a Fortune Global 500 telecom leader: Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corporation (NTT). NTT America provides world-class Enterprise Hosting, managed network, and IP networking services for enterprise customers and service providers worldwide. For additional information on NTT America, visit us on the Web at www.us.ntt.com.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications’ extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier 1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centers in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world’s largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit http://www.ntt.com/index-e.html.
NTT, NTT Communications, and the NTT Communications logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION and/or its affiliates. CME Group is a trademark of CME Group Inc. All other referenced product names are trademarks of their respective owners. © 2011 NTT Communications
NTT America Contact:
NTT America Media Contact:
Subudhi Consulting Group, Inc.
Agency of Record for NTT America
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications' extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar™ Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier-1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centres in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world's largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit www.ntt.com/index-e.html