1. What is personal information?
NTT America's policies and procedures for handling customer information have been created with the understanding that Internet technologies are still evolving and that Internet business methods are continuing to evolve to meet the needs and opportunities of the changing technologies. As a result, NTT America's policies and procedures are subject to change. The most recent version will be posted to the website and users agree to be bound by the policy as it exists when the customer uses the site.
2. What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information in order to provide our services and solutions, to conduct our business and to improve our products, services, and client service, and for certain other purposes explained below.
The type of personal information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We will only collect personal information to the extent that is reasonably necessary for that purpose.
The types of personal information that we might collect include, but are not limited to, the following:
- title or position;
- company name and details;
- business address;
- e-mail address;
- phone number;
- fax number;
- information that you provide to us through customer surveys; and
- information when you register for NTT America events and seminars.
If your organization is a client of NTT America and you do not agree to provide us with your personal information, this may limit our ability to provide our services and solutions to your organization.
This paragraph will only be applicable to the extent that you have applied for employment using our website. If you apply for employment with NTT America, we also may collect personal information including details contained in letters of application and CV/résumé, previous employment background, education history, work-related licenses, certifications, or other professional credentials, and language(s) and other relevant skills. You may also voluntarily choose to provide other relevant personal information as part of your application. If you intend to provide us with personal information of a reference or any other third party as part of your application for employment, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from that third party prior to providing the personal information to us.
3. How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information directly from you in various situations, including but not limited to the following:
- when you place purchase orders;
- when we respond to your inquiries and requests;
- during conversations or email exchanges between you and our representatives;
- when we obtain feedback from you about our solutions and services;
- when we conduct our administrative and business functions;
- when you register for our events, workshops and seminars or subscribe to our mailing lists and newsletters;
- when we market our solutions and services to you;
- through your access and use of our websites; and
- if you apply for employment with us.
- We may at times obtain personal information through third parties. For example, we may collect personal information from public databases, business partners, or third parties that provide list enhancement or similar services, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
We may at times also supplement the personal information that you provide to us with information we receive from other companies in the NTT Group of companies in order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with NTT America.
Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
4. For what purposes do we collect, hold, use, and disclose personal information?
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you. We may collect, hold, use, and disclose personal information for purposes including but not limited to the following:
- to send communications;
- to establish, manage, and maintain our business relationships;
- to respond to inquiries and requests;
- to develop, provide, and improve our services and solutions;
- to inform you about our services and solutions;
- to obtain feedback from you on our services and solutions;
- to provide you with a more personalized experience when you interact with us;
- to conduct administrative and business functions;
- to update our records and keep contact details up to date;
- to enable you to subscribe to our website, newsletters and mailing lists and to register for NTT America events, workshops, and seminars;
- to process your application for employment with us, evaluate whether your qualifications may suitable for other employment positions with NTT America, and for employment-related purposes if you are hired;
- to assess the performance of our websites and to improve its operation;
- to process and respond to privacy complaints;
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision, or direction of a regulator; industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country; or as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate under applicable law.
5. To whom do we disclose personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates for the purposes set out in paragraph 4 above and to other group companies in the NTT Group of companies in order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with the NTT Group of companies.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- contractors, suppliers, and other third parties who provide business, marketing, and other services to us;
- a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock; and
- regulators, courts/tribunals, and other governmental authorities of any country, or other recipients as we believe to be necessary or appropriate under applicable law.
We will ensure that we have agreements in place with the above mentioned third parties to ensure adequate and equivalent protection for your personal information and that such parties comply with appropriate security, privacy, and confidentiality obligations to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for is kept secure.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also disclose your personal information where we have a duty or a right to disclose under applicable law. Our website may allow you to post questions or comments that will be viewable by other visitors. Please note that any such information may be available to the general public. We urge you to exercise caution when deciding to post any personal information online.
We do not provide your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for their third party direct marketing purposes.
6. How do we store and secure personal information?
We provide adequate protection for your personal information in our possession including appropriate and reasonable technical, physical, and organizational measures and precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification, or unauthorized disclosure using a combination of physical, administrative, and technical safeguards. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information in our possession is secure.
Access to your personal data will be limited to authorized individuals who have a legitimate business need to access your personal data in furtherance of as part of their job duties and responsibilities.
NTT America’s website is linked to the internet, and as the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of any transmission of information you communicate to us online. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
7. Direct marketing
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services and solutions that we consider may be of interest to you. We may send communications in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax, and email, in accordance with applicable laws.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from NTT America, you may opt-out of receiving them by using the opt-out mechanisms provided in those communications.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related communications from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
8. How can you access and correct personal information?
You have a right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. If you wish to access, correct, update, suppress, or delete your personal information that has been previously provided to us, please send a written request to: NTT_America_Team@ntta.com
Domain name customers that have a domain name hosted on servers operated by NTT America and wish to change the Technical Contact from NTT America to another company may send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to note that customer domain name registration information is made publicly available in the registry of domain names.
Please note that we may need to retain certain personal information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate. Please update your personal information whenever your details change.
9. Using our websites
In order to help ensure that appropriate data protection and privacy considerations are applied to your access and use of our website in accordance with applicable laws, we are required to identify the country from which you access and use our website. By accessing and using our website: (i) you warrant and represent that you have not taken any measures whatsoever to obscure your internet protocol address (which is the electronic addresses of computers or mobile devices connected to the internet) (“IP address”) in such a way as to make it impossible for our systems to identify the country from which you access and use our website; and (ii) you warrant, represent, and agree that should you access and use our website in contravention hereof, you do so entirely at your own risk and you disclaim any rights you may contend to have with respect to your country’s data protection and privacy considerations. You further hold NTT America harmless against any claims, including claims made by relevant authorities, arising out of your deliberate actions to obscure your IP address.
We may use Flash local shared objects (LSOs) and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of an NTT America website. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to "information" on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer or mobile device without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with our online content.
Any activity you participate in on our website may be monitored. We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by NTT America of such site or the contents thereof. Use of or reliance on any external links is at your own risk.
10. Retention period
12. Contacting us
If you have any questions or concerns about how your personal information is being handled by NTT America, please contact us as follows:
NTT America, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
757 Third Avenue, 14th Floor
New York, NY 10017
© 2018 NTT America, Inc.