July 11, 2011
NTT America and Dimension Data Share Global Expansion Strategies With Houston IT Executives
New York, NY – NTT America, a global infrastructure services provider and wholly owned subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, today announced a joint seminar with Dimension Data, also an NTT company, for Houston area information technology (IT) executives. The seminar, to be held at the Four Seasons Hotel on July 12, will focus on the theme of Developing Your Business in Asia. With its heritage in Japan, and as the second largest telecom company in the world, NTT will share insights into the burgeoning marketplace of U.S.-based companies expanding into Japan, China, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore and India. Dimension Data, one of the largest systems integrators in the world and a member of the NTT Group, has deep technical and integration expertise to provide a global perspective for expanding enterprises.
For most companies successful expansion of their business globally and particularly into Asia, requires a data sharing and collaboration model that brings the challenges of data security to the forefront. Each country’s security practices can be affected by government regulations, local culture and the level of expertise of the staff. Because these data security issues are difficult to learn in advance, this complimentary executive event will examine the benefits of entering emerging Asian markets, identify precautions to minimize risks associated with expansion, and explore how local Houston businesses can leverage combined resources of NTT Group companies to support their business development in Asia.
Key Event Highlights
· The Greater Houston Area Executive Luncheon Seminar will be held on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 12:00 p.m. CDT at the Four Seasons Hotel Houston. IT department personnel interested in attending should send an email to Houstonfirstname.lastname@example.org.
· Former U.S. Congressman Nick Lampson, who currently sits on the advisory board of Outreach Strategists, will chair the event.
· James T. Edmonds, chairman of the Port of Houston Authority, will join Mr. Lampson to give opening remarks at the seminar. Mr. Edmonds is also a member of the Board of Pilots Commissioners. He serves on the Board of Directors of Greater Houston Partnership and the Board of the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System and is actively involved in the political process at the state and local levels. He is president of Edmonds & Company, a business consulting firm.
· Doug Junkins, CTO of NTT America, will present “Capitalizing on the Momentum: Why Asia Now?” Mr. Junkins is responsible for NTT America’s technology procurement strategy and vendor selection, industry relations and standardization efforts, and overall product portfolio coordination.
· Nick Arvanitis, Principal Consultant with Dimension Data’s Security Practice, will cover “Borderless Business, or Borderless Threats?” Mr. Arvanitis leads and manages security assessment and penetration testing teams, as well as scoping and conducting engagements and research on individual projects. Mr. Arvanitis has worked across a broad range of global industry verticals, with a significant proportion of focus in the financial, government, military and telecommunications sectors.
Key Product/Service Highlights
NTT America directly connects Houston-based companies to major markets around the world via NTT Communications Arcstar™ global MPLS and Ethernet networks and the NTT Communications Global IP Network.
“Houston is home to some of the largest companies in America, many of which have or are developing operations in the Asia-Pacific region. NTT America and Dimension Data have the knowledge, experience and IT services to help these businesses plan, expand and manage their IT communications in that region, so they can take advantage of cost efficiencies in leveraging their current infrastructure, as well as gaining access to a whole new market for their products and services,” said Michael DeVito, vice president of enterprise solutions for NTT America’s Enterprise Solutions Business Unit.
· NTT America MPLS IP-VPN Webpage
· NTT America Global Ethernet Webpage
· NTT America Private Line Webpage
· NTT America Transpacific Low Latency Webpage
· NTT America Global IT Webpage
· NTT America Enterprise Hosting - Data Center Locations Map (PDF)
· NTT Communications Global IP Network Map (PDF)
· IDG Research’s “Strategies for Asia-Pacific Expansion” Whitepaper (PDF)
· NTT Communications Corporation Website
· NTT America Website
· Dimension Data Website
Profiles of Seminar Presenters:
· Nick Lampson, former U.S. Congressman, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Lampson
· James T. Edmonds, Chairman of the Port of Houston Authority, http://www.houston.org/greater-houston-partnership/about-us/bios.asp?bioID=118473
· Doug Junkins, CTO at NTT America, http://www.linkedin.com/pub/doug-junkins/7/519/992
· Nicholas Arvanitis, Principal Consultant at Dimension Data, http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicholasarvanitis
Join NTT America on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NTTAMERICA, follow NTT America on Twitter at @NTT_America and LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/companies/ntt-america for up-to-date news and announcements.
Note to Editors
NTT America welcomes press, analysts, bloggers and other interested parties to use and reference our content with proper attribution, for example “source: NTT Communications.”
NTT, NYSE NTT, NTT Communications, NTT Com, NTT America, Arcstar, Ethernet, Global Ethernet, Private Line, MPLS, MPLS IP-VPN, IP-VPN, Transpacific, Asia, Low Latency, Security, Data Security
About NTT America
NTT America is North America’s natural gateway to the Asia-Pacific region, with strong capabilities in the U.S. market. NTT America is the U.S. subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, the global data and IP services arm of a Fortune Global 500 telecom leader: Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corporation (NTT). NTT America provides world-class Enterprise Hosting, managed network, and IP networking services for enterprise customers and service providers worldwide. For additional information on NTT America, visit us on the Web at www.us.ntt.com.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications’ extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier 1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centers in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world’s largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit http://www.ntt.com/index-e.html.
NTT, NTT Communications, and the NTT Communications logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION and/or its affiliates. All other referenced product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2011 NTT Communications
NTT America Contact:
NTT America Media Contact:
Subudhi Consulting Group, Inc.
Agency of Record for NTT America
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications' extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar™ Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier-1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centres in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world's largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit www.ntt.com/index-e.html